Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Im still recovering (just kidding)

I believe I was discriminated against when I was younger for being fat. I am not sure this is a relevant thing or that it really even happen like I remember but oh well. When I was in fourth grade I believe that my teacher didn’t like me because I was fat. She was always sending me out of class and stuff for what it seemed like no reason. It was pretty crazy but so was my entire time at Franklin School in Prescott Valley. Lots of things happened that year and I think that most of them were because my teacher didn’t like fat kids and I knew it because it wasn’t just me. She would comment on other students after she sent them out of the room and stuff. The craziest thing is that near the end of the year I was transferred to the other fourth grade and that teacher was kind of chubby too and my grades went from Cs Ds and Fs to Bs and Cs. I also stopped getting in trouble and sent out of the class every single day. So there was a real change in the environment and almost all of the factors of my schooling changed, I guess that that was a very important time in my education and I was able to use that I had survived that experience to be able to deal with almost anything that other bad teachers dealt out. So even if a teacher is a bad teacher and she doesn’t like you due to something in your life like race, body shape, or a whole list of other lame things the best thing to do (besides making them stop) is to try to role with the punches (and it doesn’t hurt to have a great mother that sees that you are being abused and transfers you to the other fourth grade class.)

No comments:

Post a Comment