Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Video games again

Oh look, I’m typing words again. Hey I have been buying a lot of video games recently and I decided I would write about them instead of talking about them. Ok so first of all I have bought a whole bunch of games since February when I last wrote. In this first group I will talk about the most recent ones because they are fresh in my brains. I just played a group of demos for several recently released and a few old games. The list includes Warhammer 40k kill team, a world of Keflings, Warhammer 40k space marine, Ben Ten rise of hex, toy soldiers, deadliest warrior, and Tetris splash. Quite a list but considering I only spent about 2 hours on the whole thing it’s not too large. So Warhammer 40k kill team, I played this one right before heading to my chino valley workforce class, and wow what a great game. For me when it comes to games I usually focus on a good story and secondly on gameplay but in this game the story stands on the shoulders of the great games workshop franchise and the gameplay can be judged on its own. So the game works like this: you start with the choice of only two space marines with the option of four if you buy the full game. I chose the librarian first because I like swords and he had one. Then I went ahead through the first level and it was awesome. As the librarian character you have a bolter pistol and a sword and you basically press the x button when the enemies get close and use the right thumbstick to shoot your bolter in the direction you aim, with unlimited ammo of course. Simple, to the point, and a whole lot of fun. It was definitely fun to slice and shoot through the hordes of orks that try pitifully to stop your tireless advance in the name of the emperor. In the next post I will talk about some pieces of garbage that defiled my xbox by just being there for a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment