Wednesday, November 2, 2011

DOOM 2

Hi I’m Vince and right now I am going to tell you about my experiences with Doom 2 . I know, I know Id made the game back in 1994 but that doesn’t mean it is not awesome. Especially because I got it kinda free. So I learned that Bing gives out these point things for searches and other things on their website and they can be redeemed for cool stuff like 400 Microsoft points. So at the same time xbox live was having a deal where they were selling Doom 2 for half the regular price of 800 ms points. So subtraction and cool math stuff later I realized that I could buy Doom 2 for the 400 ms points that I had just redeemed from Bing. Hoo-yeah I think is what I said. Anyway I got the game and played it to death ha ha ha. I played all of it and it was cool I really like the super shotgun. The only thing that is lame is that the player cannot look up and down. The game has to auto-aim for the targets above and below which is stupid because it only has a certain range. So I played through all 30 plus 2 bonus plus 9 extra levels on ultra-violent which is one step below the hardest difficulty nightmare where the enemies come back to life when you kill them. It took a really long time, like two weeks, but I finally made it to the last level which is called “Icon of Sin”. Then I got stuck I can’t seem to get the stupid rocket to the bad guy. I played the level over and over and over trying (in vain so far) to get the achievement for beating all of the levels on ultra violent, but I can’t get it. I was planning on getting two achievements at once by beating the main game and doing it on ultra- oh you know, but it didn’t work out so I finally gave up and played through all 32 levels and beat the last level on easy or I’m too young to die in about 2 and a half hours (shrug). All in all the game was really fun. The end

No comments:

Post a Comment